Sunday, December 8, 2013

Happy Day

My goodness it has been a while and a lot has happened! As most of you know Fife was born into our family October 16th. I did the Hypnobabies home study course and I really loved it, it kept me relaxed and confident throughout my pregnancy and right up to the day I gave birth. My mom and I walked to my doctors appointment (about a mile) on the 15th at 11am and I started my birthing waves on our walk home. We spent the rest of the day until around 6:30pm shopping at Home Depot, Goodwill and a few other stops. We headed to the hospital at 8pm and I thought things were going well. I was 100% effaced and at a 4 when I checked in. Sadly I was not able to stay focused in the techniques once we got the hospital, too many distractions I think, and I ended up just doing my own thing. With the help of my fantastic husband Taylor, my mom, and a great midwife, I was able to have a natural birth which is what I really wanted and was so happy that it worked out. Fife was born at 12:58am on the 16th, the same birthday as his daddy!

It has been a wonderful 7 weeks! He is getting so big, I can't believe it, where has my tiny boy gone?

 Fife is super good at lifting his head, right when he was born he was already lifting his head to look around. His favorite thing to do is throw his head back while I am trying to burp him and look at the ceiling. In this picture he is about 2.5 weeks I believe.

Fife on his play mat being fussy :)

We were so lucky to have mom Hazard come and stay with us for the month of October! It was a lot of fun to have her here and she was a huge help with everything. We worked on lots of projects while she was here. Here are a few.

We made Halloween cards and decorations.

                                                                     Painted cans

And lots of things for Fife, here are a few.

                                                Burp Cloths, Taylor did the embroidery :)

                                                            Blanket/quilt, made of strips!

                                                                          Turtle quilt!

                                                    Here is a close up of the turtle quilt

And this is a sign that I saw on Pinterest and I just loved it and really wanted to make it myself. Mom penciled in the lettering the day before she left and then I have painted it since then. I love it!

We kept really busy and had a lot of fun, we wish she could have stayed even longer! We can't wait for her to come again and bring dad along.

We have another video of our apartment up, it has our Christmas decorations and pictures on the wall and  other added stuff we have gotten since we moved in. You can type in KLs Christmas Crib on youtube to see it :) or click here

6 comments:

  1. hahaha! I think he was screaming because you were hurting his ears with that blaring music! And you should make me that sign when i have my baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and this is sierra, for some reason im signed in with moms account!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas house looks great, and I love the paint job on your nursery sign. Fife is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas house looks great, and I love the paint job on your nursery sign. Fife is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas house looks great, and I love the paint job on your nursery sign. Fife is so cute.

    ReplyDelete