Monday, December 9, 2013

Give Thanks!

We were sad we weren't able to go to Utah to spend Thanksgiving with KL's family, but it turned out awesome that all of Taylor's family (except Doug!) was able to come to Maryland and spend the holiday together in a beach house condo. It was a lot of fun! We did lots of different activities and kept each other entertained. Everyone loved the chance to see new baby Fife and hold him :)


 Walking back to the house from the clubhouse after playing fun games, it was raining and freezing cold!

 At the beach on Assateague Island. We did some four wheeling in the sand, which terrified me, and then walked around a bit. It was freezing! We also did a short hike in the forrest looking for the wild horses that live on this island, but we didn't end up seeing any until driving back, there were 3 by the side of the road, it was pretty cool!

 The boys in their matching shirts

and the girls in theirs!
We did a ropes course. I was apprehensive about doing it because I am still pretty sore from birth, but I decided to give it a try. It was  really hard but I finished it! It was a ton of fun. Taylor did great as usual, he was the fastest and was skipping rungs and such on the course to make it more of a challenge.

Fife with Nana

And now here are some pictures of Fife and Taylor. When Fife was just born I didn't really think he looked like either me or Taylor as I looked at him all night, but then the day after Fife was born, in the hospital, a photographer came and took pictures and then did a slideshow for me to try and get me to buy them. I didn't buy them but it was in the pictures that I saw how much he looked like Taylor! Taylor's mom thinks so too and she sent me some pictures of Taylor as a baby so we can see just how alike they are.

 





 

That being said, I also think Fife looks a lot like his cousin Ryker! In fact, for the first couple days after he was born we all would slip occasionally and call him Ryker instead of Fife. So I guess he really is a mix of me and Taylor. He is the perfect little guy.

Thanks Archibalds for a fantastic Thanksgiving! See you in 2 weeks for Christmas :)

Stay tuned, next post to feature Fife's blessing day!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. When are you going to sign out of moms account and sign into yours?

      Delete
  2. I'm glad we got to spend time with you! We miss you! Fife and Taylor's baby pics are so similar! You have a cute family!

    ReplyDelete